Adaland Located on Route 76, about a mile West of the Route 119 Intersection, just north of Philippi; Philippi's restored 1870 Victorian mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Situated on 22 acres, the Adaland property includes the mansion, gardens, carriage house, pavilion, and barn. Open to the public for guided tours, afternoon teas, receptions, conference, and meetings from May 31 to December 31, along with private events. Furnished groom's room and bride's suite and the outdoor garden areas make Adaland an ideal location for weddings. 304.457.2415 or 304.457.4933
Alderson-Broaddus University Located on College Hill, overlooking Philippi; Located on US Route 250 and Route 119 North of Philippi; Situated on the exact site of the first land battle of the Civil War on 170 acres; Students from across the nation and several foreign countries are enrolled at A-B. The University has many sports and cultural events open to the public. 304.457.1700
Barbour Country Club Located on Buckhannon Road, Route 119 South of Philippi; A par 70, nine-hole semi-private golf course; Golf carts, club rentals, and grill are available at the club which is open to the public. Open to mid-March through mid-November. 304.457.2156
Barbour County Court House Located on Main Street in Philippi; The historically rich building was built in 1903 and constructed of hand-cut Hummelstown stone; Replaced the first court house that housed Union troops during the Civil War; Court Room was renovated in the mid-1990s, and features a stained glass window at the peak. 304.457.4339
Barbour County Fairgrounds and Park Located on US Route 250 south of Philippi; Site of West Virginia's second largest county fair held each year the week before Labor Day; Offers tennis and volleyball courts, baseball, and softball fields, horse and cattle barns, picnicking, and outdoor amphitheater. Hosts numerous other public events. 304.823.1328
Barbour County Historical Museum Located at the east end of the Covered Bridge in Philippi; In a restored train depot and opening in 1985, the museum contains Civil War and other historical mememorbilia, including the nationally renowned mummies from Barbour County. 304.457.3700
Blue & Gray Park Located on US Route 250 and Route 119 at the west end of the Covered Bridge in Philippi; Mini-Park features a flag circle displaying the five replica flags that flew over Philippi during the Civil War. A 320-foot sidewalk leads from the bridge to the park; two concrete boat ramps are available to the public with the one nearer the bridge being the launch site for annual "BRR Polar Bear Plunge" on January 1. 304.457.3700
Campbell School House Museum Located on the campus of Alderson-Broaddus University; One-room school house, originally located near Volga, West Virginia was one of the county's first free schools, providing education for primary through eighth grades until it closed in 1962. In 1992, the restored school house was moved to the Alderson-Broaddus University campus. 304.457.6322
Carrolton Bridge Located off Route 119, just south of Philippi; Built in 1856, it is the second longest and third oldest covered bridge in the West Virginia and spans the Buckhannon River. 304.457.1225
North Philippi Park Located off Maple Avenue in North Philippi; Features athletic fields for baseball, softball, and soccer, skateboard park, walking trail, and playground. 304.457.3700
Philippi/Barbour County Airport Located in Philippi; 3275 feet by 60 feet, lights, pilot-activated GPS approach, gas available on-site, used regularly, public. 304.457.3700 or 304.457-5651
Philippi Covered Bridge Located at the Intersection of US Route 250 and Route 119; The only two-laned covered bridge still in use on a federal highway; Designed by Lemuel Chenoweth, was erected in 1852, and served the North and South during the Civil War; Has survived floods, ice jams, and damage from trucks for over 160 years. It was two-thirds destroyed by fire on February 2, 1989, but has since been completely restored. 304.457.3700
Philippi Dayton Park and Pool Located off South Main Street behind Kentucky Friend Chicken on US Route 250, Philippi; Offers picnic pavilion, playground, and outdoor swimming pool. 304.457.3700
Philippi Public Library Located at 102 South Main Street; Library was founded in 1966 and has been housed in the old post office building since 1990; Provides printed materials, including books, newspapers, and periodicals, e-books, audio books, DVDs, public access computers, and wireless internet to the public; Has free access to online data bases including: and; Houses a Civil War and local genealogy collection. 304.457.3495
Vietnam Veterans Park On US Route 250 at the east end of the Philippi Covered Bridge, Philippi; The park, built in 1988, has a memorial erected to honor those who fought in the Vietnam War; Features a small picnic area. 304.457.4846